Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'll Tell You Where My Beauty Lies...

I'll tell you where my beauty lies
it's in my burgundy stained lips and the slant of my eyes
It's in my cheeks the color of a rose, it's in my beautiful, African nose

I'll tell you where my beauty lies
it's in the look that you don't often see in a magazine
yet, there, my features are often seen

I'll tell you where my beauty lies
It's in the glow of my smooth chocolate skin where the light hits
It's in the sparkle of my teeth, when I part my lips

I'll tell you where my beauty lies, it's in the fierceness of my strut that is so signiturely mine
It's in the view that you get when your watching from behind

It's in my beat

My groove
My swagger
My mood

It's in my bossom

My rhyme
My hair intertwined

This beautiful black don't crack and you know it's true
We have beautiful black women that are 44
Walkin' around lookin' 22

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo, I'm so happy
In the skin
That I'm In

1 comment:

Breath of Light said...

Peace! I love this piece. I'm waiting for more.

Bless.